connecTed with Ted Cohen
Join American digital entertainment industry executive Ted Cohen in our series of media industry interviews with visionaries, entrepreneurs, and artists.
Known throughout the entertainment & technology industries as “part connector/part evangelist/always a futurist,” Ted Cohen is a digital entertainment thought leader based in Los Angeles.
Having worked in senior management positions at EMI Music, Warner Bros. Records, and Philips Media, Ted led global digital business development for iconic labels & was instrumental in crafting the licensing agreements upon which the iTunes Store and Rhapsody/ Napster services were built. During that time, EMI led the industry by embracing & exploiting new tech & business models such as digital downloads & streaming music subscriptions, wireless services, hi-definition audio & Internet radio. Prior to EMI, Cohen co-founded and Chaired the groundbreaking Webnoize conferences worked with clients such as Universal Studios, Amazon, Microsoft, DreamWorks Records, Liquid Audio and Napster, and held senior positions at both Warner Brothers & Philips Electronics.
A 40+ year entertainment media industry veteran, Cohen conceived, created & chaired MidemNet and also served on the Grammy LA Board of Governors & Grammy National Trustee Board. Additionally, Cohen served as Chairman of Mobile Entertainment Forum America, and on the board of Mouse.org, an innovative computer literacy program. In 2013, Ted received the NARM Presidential Award, previously awarded to, among others, Ahmet Ertegun and Dick Clark.
Previously Recorded Live
- Dr. Fink with Prince's The Revolution
- Ira Rubenstein, Chief Digital Officer at PBS
- Strategist and Innovator, Paul Fishkin
- Multidisciplinary artist TRISHES
- Shelly Palmer, Blockchain & Technology Expert
- David Spero, Founder & President at DSM
- Mark Fisher, President & CEO of OTT.x
- Bobby Haber & Joanne Abbot Green; Mondo.NYC
- Lisa Farris, Recording Academy CMO
- Vincent Favrat, CEO of the ScaleUp Factory
- Jem Aswad, Senior Music Editor at Variety
- Susan Paley, CEO of DropLabs
- Gary Shapiro, CEO of Consumer Tech Association
- OG Arabian Prince, songwriter & producer
- Marcus Peterzell, CEO of Passion Point Collective
- Electronic music producer deadmau5
- WARM founder Jesper Skilby
- Super Hi-Fi CEO, Zack Zalon
- Brian Solis, Salesforce Innovation Evangelist